TurtleCraftyGirl

Friday, April 26, 2013

Yummiest Chocolate Cake Ever!




For my hubby's birthday last week, I baked this chocolate cake, which as per him and my kiddo, is the best chocolate cake I have ever baked. And I I totally agree with him. This is going to be my go-to recipe for a dense chocolate cake.


The recipe for this cake is from one of my favorite cake blogs Call me cupcake. The ingredients at her blog are in dl(decilitre). 1 dl = 0.42 cup. Below is the approximate conversion of ingredients in cups:

Chocolate cake Ingredients

•1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
•2 cup sugar
•1/2 cup cocoa powder
•1 tsp baking powder
•2 tsp baking soda
•2 large eggs
•1cup dl strong coffee
•1 cup buttermilk
•1/2 cup vegetable oil
•1 tablespoon vanilla extract


Chocolate fudge frosting

•300 grams butter at room temperature
•2 cup powdered sugar
•1/2 cocoa powder
•200 grams dark chocolate, chips or chopped
•1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
•1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract


Hop over to her blog here, to get the entire recipe. I cannot wait to make this cake again. The thick and creamy chocolate fudge frosting goes very well with the cake.










Happy Baking!

5 comments:

Divya said...

Tania,
Looks great.. will make it this week and let you know how it goes!! :-)

Divya said...

HI Tania,

I made the cake... it tastes wonderful. Will have to do a repeat next weekend on popular demand. :-)

Tania Tangri said...

Good you could make it. I was worried I did not send the conversions in time for Paarth's birthday.

Michele said...

Oh thank heavens you managed to convert this recipe! i've been struggling trying to figure out how to do so- thank you so much for sharing! the cake looks beautiful and i cannot wait to make it for my in-laws this weekend!

Tania Tangri said...

Thanks Michelle. I hope your cake turned out good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...