TurtleCraftyGirl

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Cookies




I decided to take on the cookie project again, after more than 3 years. Last time I baked, it was on my son’s first birthday. And I have this vague memory of baking,  rebaking, and decorating cookies for over a month. In the end, I had so many cookies as a result of multiple trials.

This time was little different. I felt more confident baking, and my little chef was there to help me. We were baking cookies to give out at his school for friends and teachers for Valentine’s Day. These cookies were accompanied by an airplane card which I guess would be another post after valentine’s.

 I followed the Land O'Lakes Butter Cookies recipe. Its simple, quick and tasty.



Here is our cookie dough ready and divided into 3 parts.


 First batch ready. Hot and crispy cookies.


Poof! First batch gone. Dad and son were only tasting the cookies. Well, there was nothing left to decorate for Valentine’s.

So, out came the next 2 lots of cookie dough and baked few more batches.




I bought this vintage valentine image from etsy. And got it printed on edible paper from a bakery close by. Pasted the edible paper using cornstarch liquid. 



I skipped the step of frosting the cookie with royal icing, and directly pasted the image to the cookie. Added a border using royal icing.


I am sure the image would have looked brighter if I had frosted the cookie, but really, are the kids ever going to notice it? And it saved me 5 hours of work and 2 days of drying time.

Couple of decorated cookies also vanished every time I had my back towards them. But thankfully, I had extra J


Happy Baking and a Very Happy Valentine’s Day!



3 comments:

Yamini Kaur said...

I am yet to try the last recipe for cookies that you gave me (on Kabir's first birthday). Maybe I'll try this one.

Lovely cookies and I can see they were a hit at home too :)

Happy Valentines day to you, Kabir and Rohit !!

maha said...

luv it .....luv ur idea of edible paper thingie on the cookie

Henna Tangri said...

Looks yummy Shishter! Happy Valentine's to all of you <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...