TurtleCraftyGirl

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

High Tea Baby Shower Invitations



My darling sister is expecting a baby girl soon, and I am super excited to throw her a shower. She is one of those people who have tons of friends and all are equally excited for this shower. So, one of her friends suggested the theme of party as ‘Tea’, as my sis is really into ‘Tea’. She loves going to tea boutiques and trying out new flavors. I think her only pet peeve with her husband is that he is not very fond of tea. So she cannot enjoy her evening cup of tea with him. And she gets real envious if she calls me in the evening, and me and my husband are having our evening tea together, especially, when it’s my husband who has prepared it. She keeps reminding me how lucky I am that there is someone to make tea for me. So, it was more than appropriate to have a Tea Party for her and to welcome the beautiful little girlie on her way.

I designed this Vintage High Tea card for the invites. It had to be Pink. Got it printed from Staples on a cream cardstock paper(selected by my 4 year old). Anything selected by my son makes it even more special for my sister.



For the envelope, I ordered brown Kraft envelopes from etsy. I love them.  I needed to do something to the envelope, so added a liner with a vintage flower print. You can see the tutorial on how to add liner from cakeeventsblog.


And remember the pink doilies that me and my son colored a while back? Well, I decided to use some of those on the envelopes. I wish I had colored them lighter. I remember reading somewhere that it needed a lot of color, so I poured in half a bottle of my food color. Next time, going to use my judgment.



This is half doily on each envelope.

I wish I had a calligraphy pen to write on the envelope. Well, maybe next time.



Can’t wait to start on other project for this shower.
Here are rest of the details from the shower.

Hoping that this little girl(once she grows up) would provide her Mom with never ending company over a cup of tea, for all the evenings ahead.


6 comments:

Yamini Kaur said...

Awww Tania, this is so sweet !! Henna told me she knows about her 'surprise' baby shower :)

And the last line of your post is just beautiful !! That's what daughters do, they become your closest friends when they grow up :)

Missing you both !! Wish I could be there !!

poonam said...

Hi Tania, its very sweet to through a party for a sister. its very personal tough what you have made. love. dont forget to post some pictures of baby shower pictures .

Tania Tangri said...

@Mini Didi: THanks Didi. Its not a surprise at all. Henna's dates of coming to Memphis were so volatile that it was not possible to keep it a surprise.
I wish you and our whole family was together, especially at moments like these.

Tania Tangri said...

@Poonam.. Thanks for your kind words. Yes I will surely post pics from the shower.

Vic said...

What a design you have made, really its looking very nice and eye catch able. I like it and have bookmarked it for my future look. Thanks

Baby Shower Invitations

Zab said...

The concept is very good and I admire it. Very unique and informative content. Surely I will buy the necessary baby shower supplies we needed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...